Leaving consists of:
1. Unlock my inside door, step through, lock my inside door.
2. Unlock two locks on suite door, open door.
3. Unlock two locks on iron security gate, step through.
4. Close inner door, lock both locks.
5. Close security gate, lock both locks.
6. Walk down two flights of stairs (that part isn’t so bad, the place in Prague was a 6th floor walkup).
7. Scan fob and press release buzzer, step through gate.
8. Lock gate.
9. Walk through alleyway to street side security gate, unlock.
10. Step through, relock.
11. FREEDOM, and this view:
Not far away is the New York Cafe, old hang-out of the Austro-Hungarian Press in the 19th century, very cool and breakfast was great but this was the most expensive meal of the trip so far and I had pastries and coffee.
After breakfast I went to the Terror House, the building that was used first by the Nazi occupiers and then by the Hungarian arm of the KGB during 50 years as part of the USSR.
The museum was horrifying, I’m not even going to write anything about it, anything could write would sound absurd. honestly, ask me sometime and I will tell you.
SOMETHING HAPPIER AND PLEASANT
This woman was sitting across the Parkway from me for a while, we were both reading, it was an amazing morning really. After a while the gentleman in the picture slide in and LAID IT ON! I was pulling for him, he was going hard, she was smiling but head shaking the whole time, a couple cracks appeared here and there and I thought he might be charming her, she was still smiling but alas the fates of Valentino were not with out young suitor today and he left empty handed. After he left she caught my eye and gave an embarrassed but warm and bashful laugh, was superb.